- Remove any tendons and gristle from the leg.
- Fry the legs in a frying pan, put it in a roasting tin and leave it to rest.
- In the meantime, wash the vegetables, cut them into small cubes and fry them.
- Also fry the tomato paste and deglaze with the stock and red wine, then gently boil down.
- Put the sauce base over the leg of lamb and cook in the oven at 160°C until the leg has a core temperature of 70°C. Remove the leg from the sauce and leave it to rest in the oven at 60°C.
- Strain, reduce and season the sauce.
- Boil the milk up with the spices, GOLDSTEIG Butter and stir in the polenta. Stir the polenta until it is wonderfully soft.
- Separate the eggs and beat the egg white.
- Take the polenta out of the pan, mix it with the egg yolk and small pieces of GOLDSTEIG Almdammer and GOLDSTEIG Ricotta, . Fold in the egg white and season again.
- Put the polenta in a baking dish or Dutch oven and bake in the oven at 160°C for about 30 minutes.
For 4 people:
- 800 g leg of lamb without any bones
- 50 g carrots
- 50 g celeriac
- 2 onions
- 50 g celery
- 2 spoons of tomato paste
- 150 ml red wine
- 1 l meat stock
- 25 g sugar
- Rock salt
For the polenta:
- 250 ml milk
- 70 g fine polenta (corn semolina)
- 3 egg yolks
- 30 g GOLDSTEIG Butter
- 150 g GOLDSTEIG Ricotta,
- 50 g GOLDSTEIG Almdammer Cheese Block
- Salt, pepper, garlic puree, chopped rosemary