- Remove the bones from the trout fillets and flatten them slightly under foil. Season with salt, pepper and chopped lavender.
- Cut the GOLDSTEIG Almdammer into 8 roughly 1 cm by 5 cm rectangular strips.
- Put the GOLDSTEIG Almdammer pieces on top of the trout fillets and roll them up.
- Coat twice with flour, egg and breadcrumbs.
- Fry in oil at 160°C and then finish cooking them in the oven at 120°C for about 12 minutes.
For the froth
Lightly simmer the cream, stock, GOLDSTEIG Butter and aniseed together, season with salt and blend until frothy.
- Peel the onions and chop them up small.
- Sweat them in GOLDSTEIG Butter , add the Pomodoro tomatoes to them and season with salt, sugar, lemon zest and rosemary.
TIP: Cordon bleu can also be made using other types of fish (char, salmon, carp, etc.).
For 4 people:
Cordon bleu trout:
- 8 skinned trout fillets
- 250 g GOLDSTEIG Almdammer Cheese Block
- 10 lavender flowers (ground)
- Some flour
- 2 eggs
- Some oil for frying
For the froth:
- 50 ml cream
- 50 ml vegetable stock
- A pinch of aniseed
- 50 g GOLDSTEIG Butter
- 1/2 onion
- GOLDSTEIG Butter
- 200 g Pomodoro tomatoes
- Lemon zest (organic lemon)
- Chopped rosemary